Wednesday, December 22, 2010

NAIL ART: Christmas Trees and some snowmen!

Hi everyone! I'm enjoying this vacation cause I get to do NOTHING! Yup, I don't have to think of anything. And the greatest way to spend my day? Doing my nails of course! Then reading blogs. Then reading some more.. 

Anyway, Here in the Philippines, we don't go looking for the perfect pine tree for our Christmas tree, all of our trees here are made out of synthetic materials. Its a tropical country so most often you'll see coconut trees, mango trees, papaya trees,etc.. So for us to get a real pine tree, we have to travel for about 6 hours (which is the closest) to Baguio or the Cordilleras just to cut down one. The Cordilleras is the mountainous of all regions here in the Philippines. Also we don't have snow here. Again, its a tropical country. We have beaches and islands. Lots of 'em! So some people here spend there holidays at the beach. Like Boracay. Its a party island so if you're looking for somewhere serene, Boracay's not the place. =)

Anyway, so what if we dont have snow. We still have Christmas trees, and Noche Buena, and Lechon! Man, its so awesome! Lechon means roasted pig. Its so juicy with a very crispy skin and it comes with a sauce that's so good, you can just eat it on its own with your finger. Haha! I'm getting hungry with this. Let me show you this Lechon.








I'm drooling so much right now.



On to the nails!



I'd love to make a snowman out of snow, but we dont have that here so this is the next best thing.=)



I used Orly Its up to blue for the base
for the snowman: Sponged some White,  2 way paint pen in White, Black, Red
for the Christmas tree: 2 way paint pen in Dark Green , Light green, Red, Blue,Yellow Gold glitters





 Merry Christmas! =)

Camille

6 comments:

Rory said...

I grew up on Hawaii so I know the feeling of tropical Christmases. Your roast pig looks amazing...drool!

Camille said...

Really? How did you spend Christmas there? I've always wanted to go there!

Thanks for dropping by! =)

ThRiSzHa said...

so nice.. love it

Camille said...

Thanks sis! So glad you like it! =)

Minolah said...

love the snowy effect of the tips! <3<3<3

Camille said...

Thanks Minolah!=)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest