Monday, April 16, 2012

SWATCH: Skittles mani of Models Own Beetlejuice, Color Club and Revlon

Hi guys! What a monday!! Its scorching hot! Right now I wish I was in Alaska, or the beach, or some place way cooler than from where I am. Anyway, yesterday I was at the WTC for the Heatwave Summer Bazaar. It was nice, there were lots and lots of makeups, polishes, clothes,etc.. Of course I was always on the lookout for polishes, and look what I found..

Models Own Purple Blue, Aqua Violet and Emerald Black


Ive been looking for these! I found it at the MakeupHOLICS booth. They have a lot to offer! From Barry M makeup, Urban Decay, Wet n Wild, Models Own, Beauty UK, Sephora, to brushes! I wish I had enough moolah to take them all home. But my budget's for the polishes. Too bad the other shades of The Beetlejuice collection weren't available but nothing to fret about, I still have 3 shades that I'm dying to swatch.

A week ago I mentioned about Revlon Naughty, 2 days before buying that, I bought Color Club Wild and Willing. I wasn't that thrilled with the color but layered over black, it had a complete transformation. I swatched all of the polishes on one hand since I was too excited to try them all.

L-R: Models Own Purple Blue, Aqua Violet, Emerald Black, Color Club Wild and Willing, Revlon Naughty


From thumb- MO Purple Blue, Aqua Violet, Emerald Green, Color Club Wild and Willing over black, Revlon Naughty


This was taken indoors.

Revlon Naughty, Color Club Wild and Willing over black, Emerald Black, Aqua Violet




 I wish I had more time too to swatch each shades on all 5 fingers.



Taken with flash


 I love them all. The Models own polishes were a bit streaky and sheer, took me 3 coats to even it out, except for Emerald Black. It only took me 2 coats. For Color Club Wild and Willing, took me 2 coats to achieve this look. For Revlon Naughty, just 2 coats too. All without topcoat.


Now for the next part, its Revlon Naughty. The shade is really nice and did it live up to my expectations? Well yes and no. Yes because I love the color, the brush was ok and it took only 2 coats. No because it was a tad on the thick side, the gold shimmer was more visible with a topcoat than when its worn by itself. Overall I'm still very much in-love with it. This will save me from buying Chanel Paradoxal. =P Kidding. 


No clean-ups, too much in a hurry. My apologies.


It has a bit of bubbles, not really sure why.


Thanks for reading,

Camille :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest